Yesterday was the amazing Royal Wedding! How gorgeous did they look? It got me thinking about my dos and don’ts for all you potential Meghan and Harrys out there…
So, how do you decide whether or not to get a spray tan for your big day? I’m going to talk you through the process so grab yourself a cuppa and read on… 🙂
Along with the perfect hair style and that on-point flawless makeup, a spray tan is the perfect accessory to your dream wedding gown.
There are different tans to suit all complexions and I promise you will not look ‘orange’ (if I had £1 for every time someone has asked me that I would be seriously rich lol).
My first piece of advice would be to book in at least one trial spray tan a good few months in advance. This is a perfect opportunity to tie the trial in with your hen weekend/party/night as we all know you can’t just have one!
For your first appointment we would discuss your tanning experience, your dress, your complexion and your overall look for the day. Most brides want a natural glow so I would recommend we start your trial with the lightest tan and go from there if necessary. A tan is at its prime on day two so I would advise booking in two days before the wedding itself!
Tips for that perfect wedding day tan:
- Book early to arrange your trial and initial consulation
- Book in your makeup trial 2 days after your trial spray tan
- Avoid getting a spray tan (or self-tanning) for a good few weeks before….we need the tan to be flawless so no traces of old tan should be anywhere
- Waxing & shaving must be undertaken 24hrs before a tan
- Exfoliate your skin the day before your tan and remove all traces of moisturisers, deodorants & perfumes on the day of the tan
- The tan needs to be on your skin for eight hours to fully develop so no washing up! And be careful when brushing your teeth
- Keep your tan looking fabulous by taking cool showers and pat drying – No rubbing
- After showering use an oil free moisturiser to soak into your skin. My budget faves include ‘Simple Body Moisturiser’ or ‘Nivea Express Hydration Body Lotion’. If you don’t mind spending a little more then go for ‘St Tropez Tan Enhancing Moisturiser’. All are amazing and will really help you maintain that perfect tan for the big day.
Another question I often hear is: Will the tan come off on my wedding dress? The simple answer is no – just ensure you have around two to three cool showers before the day to make sure the guide colour is fully removed!
Why not get in touch to arrange your trial? I can also accommodate groups so bring along your whole bridal party and I’ll make sure that everyone from the maid of honour to the mother of the bride are looking their best!
I also specialise in spray tans for grooms and groomsmen, so when you’ve been why not send your groom in for his perfect tan ahead of the big day.